As I have dogs all my life, I have often wondered about them and if there are facts about dogs that I did not know about.
Today, I know that there are indeed many.. and they make us love our dogs more.
They say you are either a dog person or a cat person. I am definitely a DOG person.
Are you both?
– Dogs don’t feel guilt – that shameful look that you see when they do wrong, they are just reacting to your reprimand.
– The oldest dog on record was an Australian cattle dog named Bluey who lived 29 years and 5 months. In human years, that is more than 160 years old. (My dog Jingle is 11, I hope she gets to 30 years old!!! )
– The U.S. has the highest dog population in the world. France has the second highest.
– A dog’s shoulder blades are unattached to the rest of the skeleton to allow greater flexibility for running.
– The most popular male dog names are Max and Jake. The most popular female dog names are Maggie and Molly.
– Dalmatians are completely white at birth.
– A dog can locate the source of a sound in 1/600 of a second and can hear sounds four times farther away than a human can.
– Touch is the first sense the dog develops. The entire body, including the paws, is covered with touch-sensitive nerve endings.
– Dogs can see in color, though they most likely see colors similar to a color-blind human. They can see better when the light is low.
-Dogs have lived with humans for over 14,000 years. Cats have lived with people for only 7,000 years.
For more facts on dogs, go here.