Well, well, today is the night before Good Friday and the weekend of Easter so I thought I will put up 2 egg-y pictures for my Christian friends. I am not Christian myself but a free thinker, but I do have many dear friends who are.
These 2 gorgeous photos of the eggs were taken on our 1st night in Salzburg, Austria on our trip there in April last year. The post on Salzburg will come up real soon and I was thinking of Easter earlier this week and remembered that we took these photos then.
Salzburg is ‘divided’ into 2 by the Salzach River. There is only 1 truly busy shopping street in Salzburg in the ‘old town’ and it is called Getreidegasse. After dinner on our 1st night, we walked along the Getreidegasse and beneath the moonlight, the street took on a magical, ethereal quality of its own. Every other shop there was kinda commercialised like Zara, United Colors of Benetton, Swarovski but this 1 shop stood out for us and I stood there mesmerized. It is ‘The Christmas Store’. They sell Xmas ornaments throughout the whole year and I think they change the display according to the festivals or holidays. I stood at the shop window taking in the display, staring in awe at how delicate and refined every single painted egg was. I stared at the eggs for a long time. And I remember them a year later now too.
Here are some heartwarming links around the world, please enjoy the long weekend!
– A lost dog found after 2 years and 700 miles – this is a truly happy story. And we need more of these on a weekly basis, don’t we? I cried watching this.
– 25 things that will definitely make you smile – I especially loved #2, #3#18 and #23. My husband thought #4, #11 and #21 were very touching.
– Do any of you live here?
– Have you seen this yet on Twitter or The Daily Mail? Truly inspiring.
– Humpty Dumpty Egg Cake Pops! Seriously everytime I look at Bakerella’s posts, I marvel at how talented she is. Every post stuns me.
– I want to make this!
– I read this today and I totally have to share – what if this happens to you? The horror!
– Just found this – really true.